Thursday, May 24, 2007

Gone giggin'

Last September, I moved into Oakland’s famed Cereal Factory. I was spending so much time getting drunk at BBQ’s, cocktail parties, and band practices here that it made too much sense to have a room to pass out in. It’s been pretty great. Even as I write this, the gentle fragrance of Cocoa Pebbles wafts gently through the air.

So, it is with great sadness that I report I’ll be missing the first BBQ show of the season this Saturday. On the bright side, it’s because I’ll be touring, which is probably my favorite thing to do. When you’re single, Tour Life is 100% superior to Real Life. It’s a shame I’ll only be gone four days.

What exactly will the road bring? Good Times Bad Times? Hard to say for sure, but at least I know I’ll have plenty of Early Times. Having familiarized myself with whiskeys sold in glass bottles, I figured it was time to try something new. The plastic “easy tote bottle” tells me that this company has nothing to prove; they’re letting the whiskey speak for itself. And, before too long, I’ll be letting the whiskey speak for me, too!

NOTE: I have received no compensation, financial or otherwise, from the folks at Early Times brand whiskey for the above statements, but if anyone over there wants to hook that up, I’m totally down.

2 comments:

mm said...

I used to be about the Early Times.
Then I moved into the Old Crow.
Then P.A. would say "So you've been having some Old Times, eh."

Bubeau said...

That's too bad, I was looking forward to standing near you.