Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Black Sand Beach



At school today, I ripped this video from a VHS bootleg Kendra K. lent me. The full-fledged DVD project will unfortunately not be ready for this weekend, but perhaps some YouTubage will tide the birthday girl over. Any fan of the Hi-Fives and surf music will definitely enjoy it. It‘s funny, when I find out that someone likes surf music, I feel a special bond which quickly deteriorates when I discover that, although we both listen to surf, they’re still too cool for me. I can’t say I’ve ever had that problem with a Hi-Fives fan.

That’s what I love about Kendra. She’s not too cool for anyone; she’s just too cool. Plus, she’s all brave and stuff in her fight against cancer. On a selfish note, it can be good for one’s mental health to have a friend dealing with such a serious illness, only because it puts all your emotional crises in perspective. I remember when I found out…

“Kendra, I miss my bangs SO MUCH!”
“That sucks! I have cancer.”
“Oh...”

Happy birthday, Kendra K.

No comments: