Thursday, June 21, 2007

Events of a busy week

Saturday: Went to surprise birthday show for Mike del Lame at the Stork Club. The Party Ice Breakers were great, though they would have been so much greater had they stopped after their first two songs. One of the songs was about getting aboard the party train, the other was about being wasted. Chris S-M definitely practiced what he preached, to the point where a Spuds MacKenzie reference was made.

Sunday: Had lunch with family. My dad told an endearing story about renting a PT cruiser, taking my mom on a joyride in the hills with the top down, and listening to both TMN records. Returned home where a barbecue was a-brewin’, then drank for approximately ten hours.

Monday: Wasn’t busy, really, but too hung over to do much until band practice. Band practice.

Tuesday/Wednesday: Cut my remedial DVD authoring class so I could assist Phil at a recording session. The best decision I’ve made lately. I drove home feeling all good about myself as an audio engineer, then when I checked my e-mail, I discovered my career advisor lady just passed away. Crazy.

Thursday: Taking the final for my penultimate class. Ladies and gentlemen, the Great Void is almost upon me.

1 comment:

Bubeau said...

Welcome to the rest of your life!