Friday, June 22, 2007

How I spent my summer solstice

Did you have a good solstice? Did you even realize you were having it? I did! After taking my final and turning in my project, I asked myself “Where shall I spend my summer solstice?” Oddly enough, I chose Berkeley. I indulged my basest urges at the copy shop, the gelateria, and Amoeba. My discovery? My basest urges are really pretty tame.

All that aside, the most important part of any solstice worth blogging about, if such a thing exists, is staying indoors and drinking during the sunset, as if to say, “I’ll have a cocktail when I want to have a cocktail, and the sun can go down when it god damn feels like it” (note: this is slightly less socially acceptable during the winter solstice).

On the whole, it was a great day. And, of course, it’s all downhill from here. Except for maybe tomorrow, ‘cause we’re having a BBQ show at my house. It’ll be fun. You should come. If you ask real nice, I’ll probably give you one of those things I just pictured. If the nice asking thing doesn’t work, try showing me your tits. That won’t work either, but hey, y’know.

No comments: